Monday, 16 November 2015
Ok seriously from Lagos '5Star' to Kano '1Star' I have laid my head on their pillows and I am currently blogging from one. Don't ask me too many questions, just take it as I have told you. So here we go...7 tips I have learnt that will help you enjoy your stay in an average Nigerian Hotel. #10YearsExperience speaking.
Tuesday, 10 November 2015
As copied verbatim from the wall of a 'BIAFRAN'
I have noticed some miscommunication and misperceptions about what the Biafra movement is about. Here are 9 key facts about the NEW BIAFRA that everyone should know.
(1) Biafran agitation has nothing to do with hydrocarbon crude oil deposits in Niger Delta. Imo, Abia, Anambra are currently oil producing states in Nigeria, with huge natural gas reserves not forgetting the enormous untapped coal deposits in Enugu.
(2) Biafra is not land-locked. It has numerous access to the sea, including through the River Niger.
(3) Biafra entire population is about 35 million people which is greater than the population many advanced countries in Western Europe, including Switzerland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Austria….etc
(4) Biafra does not or in any form signify war, violence, armed struggle or any sort of physical confrontation. BIAFRA IS NOT WAR! It simply means political, economic and socio-cultural freedom from a feudalist State ruled by terrorists and Jihadists.
(5) Biafra is not a call for massive exodus to Igbo land. Put differently, every Igbo or Biafran must not live in Biafra land. Those who wish could still maintain their residency wherever they are as well as own properties anywhere in the world, including Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Kano, Abeokuta…etc.
(6) Independent and sovereign Biafra will never translate to loss or forfeiture of landed properties of her citizens in Lagos, Abuja or anywhere in Nigeria. There are many domestic and international treaties, conventions and laws that protects Assets of non-citizens everywhere in the World, that will apply appropriately.
(7) The NEW BIAFRA shall be a coalition of desirous and willing ethnic nationalities in defunct Eastern Nigeria and would never be a forceful annexation of any unwilling ethnic nationality within its current geo-political definition. Ijaws, Ogonis, Ibibio, Anangs, Efiks, Ogojas, and host of other ethnic minorities shall possess the privilege to decide whether to tango politically with their Igbo brethren or go their own separate ways or remain part of current structural deficient Nigeria.
(8) Biafra is a train of peace and liberty. A desire for liberation from institutionalised stumbling blocks like quota system and federal character principles in Nigeria’s quasi-unitary society. It is a movement against internal colonialism, tribal gang-ups, economic marginalisation and political subjugation of Igbo and ethnic minority neighbours.
(9) It has nothing to do with hate, bigotry or ethnic chauvinism. Just a desire to live in a healthy society where your tribe, tongue, religion or creed does not define who you are or how far you would go in your career.
Monday, 9 November 2015
I am just sharing this now cos I am just recovering from the shock.
He offered her the N600 which was supposed to be his fee for repairing the door handle that was coming off.
|He came at her from behind but mercy said no|
Thank God he didn't know someone else was at home and that person intervened.
I was and I'm still in awe of what wickedness is possible in today's world.
Scary but true.
The case was reported to the police after the man was given a thorough beating by estate security but it was later dismissed when they confirmed there was no penetration and the case might not thrive in court plus they couldn't hold him indefinitely in the cell.
Did I mention that the Idiot pulled off his trousers before attempting to rape the girl who was fully dressed? #DesperateCarpenter.
I get angry, then sad, then angry, then sad...its so sad and annoying but its true and it happened in my house. Be careful who you let into your homes people...Be safe out there.
Hi there friends, I'm reminding you and myself actually of the following health, fitness and wellness tips as the season of eating and being merry comes along.
You can print this post or save it on your phone to remind you just before you misbehave.
1) Move your body....Exercise!...Walk, run, jog, wave your hands in the air, do something, anything!!! But do it daily, do it consistently, do it committedly.. so you can get results.
2) Don't skip breakfast....so you don't use that as an excuse to eat an unnecessarily heavy lunch, brunch, supper and or dinner.
3) Eat what you really like or desire. Don't just settle for 'rice' because that's what's available. Save your hunger...hang in there until you are able to buy or prepare what you really desire to eat especially for lunch or dinner. Don't settle for what you don't want so you don't eat twice. You can have a food table and plan your meals in advance. This helps.. Big time!
4) When you do find what you really want to eat, don't rush it, savour it, enjoy it, relish it. live in the moment...cos it will finish!... Sadly... And if you rushed it, you will eat more than required. I am reluctant to say this but ..yeah.. manage your portions. (I can't even bring myself to say "eat small portions".. but you should *sigh*) . Good news is if you do this right, you can eat 5 times a day as opposed to 3 or 2. Good News Indeed! So the tip here is to buy small bowls which hold your portions and save stuff you really like in them for later.
5) Eat all meals before 6PM...OK!... 7PM....ALRIGHT don't go beyond 9PM...Ok so maybe at least 3 hours before bedtime don't eat. So if you know you will sleep by 1AM does that mean ....Don't quote me please. However if the temptation is so much, just save it for breakfast the next day. There are actually no real rules to what you should have for breakfast did you know that? As far as it gives you energy and wont slow you down...EAT IT!...for breakfast I mean.
6) Leave alcohol alone! Plus anything 'smokey' is bad for your health... except grills...moderation is key even in that area...carcinogenic stuff..sad but true.
7) Find what will make you laugh and stay with it; hang around people you love and stay HAPPY. None of that holiday depression stuff that leads to 'comfort eating'. You owe yourself better than that. Focus on what went well this year. If you are alone, look for people to serve and help this season. Volunteer with a religious organization, an NGO, whatever will help you put a smile on other people's faces. There is no greater feeling in this world than being the source of someone's smile. Trust me and give it a try.
Hope I have helped? If yes, leave a comment and share your own tips as well. Cheers!
Friday, 6 November 2015
What are we waiting for?...There are things we desire to happen and they are yet to happen so we keep postponing what we would love to do because we are waiting for this THING to happen. This thing could be a job interview, a man to propose, a business deal to click, a sick relative even or some money we are expecting. Well while waiting it's like we put our lives on hold and we are not living. I have a funny experience.... I have been keeping this outfit for a while now....waiting for 'something' where I will wear the outfit to. Yesterday I wore it and it's going to be dry cleaned tomorrow. The world did not end. The THING I was waiting for is still yet to happen. Whether it happens or not....("oh God please let it happen") I choose to LIVE while I am waiting. You should do same. God help us all.
Wednesday, 4 November 2015
So go create a platform immediately by answering the following question;