Friday 15 February 2013

Romance is a Nigerian..True Valentine stories as promised


 
So how was your Valentine’s day? As one of my friends referred to it… Valentine Smelentine!!! Or something like that. You know that when a chic starts talking like that, she is not seeing anyone at the moment! No offense love.

 Ok so like I said this time I would love to feature stories of nice things that happened to ordinary people on Valentine’s day to showcase that Yes! there is still true love out there, the kind that actually gives and not just keeps saying things like “Every day is Valentine’s day” and “Valentine’s day is for showing love to everyone including orphans”!!! I hear you sir Mscheww!

 So to ordinary girl one…. a photographer engaged to an engineer/architect kinda someborri got an ipad, I didn’t get exact details on how it was presented but It is an Ipad 4 and that’s all we need to know for now…Lol!

 Then to ordinary girl 2….. her husband surprisingly drove her to a hotel after work (they drive to and fro work on the island together) so instead of driving her home he just drove her straight to this really cool hotel  on the island that has a spa, pool etc …the works…she was blown away. He made arrangements for their baby to stay with one of their mums so she was totally at peace and lost in love.*sigh*

 To ordinary girl 3….. Event planner married to an artiste got a BB Z10 and jewelry….HAAALLLLOOOO!!! do you really need to add anything else to the Z10? This should be in the region of A++++++.

 Anyway I feel it’s my responsibility to write this note to guys….you should know by now that when you want to give a woman a gift you need to give it in phases or else the bar will keep going higher.

The guy that has given Z10 and jewelry now (I don’t want to call his name you guys know him he is an artiste but I didn’t take permission I have chosen to be an ethical blogger) where are you going to go from here?

By next valentine’s day you need to do something bigger and by your 60th valentine you must have bought her a yacht and a jet…anyway that’s story for another day.

 On to the next babe

This one took her man on a trip to some exotic country I have forgotten the name…or was it Dubai? Not too sure. It’s also his birthday a significant age so they went there and she bedazzled him . There were talks of towels engraved with his name…and planning with hotel staff to blow his mind with personalized service but I’m  not sure if that all happened right now cos she has gone incommunicado as you can imagine. Anyway she also had his surprise Z10 neatly tucked away to present to him  I’m guessing on her knees with something exciting on or NOT!!! And her beautiful long procured  weave cascading around her shoulders  with a perfectly made up face and manicured nails bowing to him in total submission.  Ah! yes…The new “average Nigerian” man’s dream wife!!!submissive, imaginative, HOT and can afford to surprise him with a Z10 and not a dime from him involved in the surprise.

 On to the next babe as usual her boyfriend of 2 years picked her up from home to drop her off at work (they both work on  the island) as usual she falls asleep…snoring lightly, no drooling yet wait till you have had a baby or two then you can switch to drooling…she wakes up when she gets to her stop and VOILA!!!! Her gift in a bag…I believe it was a hot dress which she ran into the office and changed into as well as the shoes and jewelry. As in... yes she alighted from the car in a separate outfit but in the next 30 minutes she had changed into a completely different ensemble head to toe from her man to her on valentine's day. *The word "Gushing" does not do justice to the situation*

 What are you talking? If I hear ANYBODY say Nigerian men are not romantic ama set Festus Keyamo, Sahara Reporters and EFCC on you!!!
As if that was not enough, when he came to pick her in the evening he recieved her into the car with chocolates and took her to a "10 star" hotel in Ikoyi hint * most snobbish..... and expensive hotel in Ikoyi* for dinner Ahem! guys once again I’m not a hater….but y’all need to layer these things what you gonna do when you marry her if you are doing all this one now? That is why women complain that you change when you marry…you exhaust all your weapons during the courtship …*rolling my eyes* Anyway they had a 3 course meal which she says and I quote “I don’t even know what we are eating but it’s delicious”….ROTFL!!!
The girl was just walking on Sunshine literally cos the hotel has the “sun” in its name. You dig?

 In all this I remember receiving my early morning Kiss when PDoc. was leaving in the morning and I remember he told me “Happy Valentine’s day. I love you” but I didn’t see him again till late in the evening. He went to work and then he had a preaching engagement somewhere….. for those of you who are new to this:…P is for “Pastor” and  Doc. Of course is short for Doctor. He is a psychiatrist and he is my husband.

 So by the time he returned in the evening, the Valentine was over. He said he had reservations for us to go eat out at his friend’s restaurant but let’s say it together…I don’t eat late!! So we pushed it to another day. I gave him his card. Pdoc loves cards. me...not so much...just copy the words to BBM and send it to me. Save yourself the trouble and me the storage.

This worked for me cos I didn’t feel up to any outing AT ALL…. I was very blessed health wise so I spent Vals day in bed with my drugs *sad face* I feel much better thanks.

Do you want to share your extraordinarily special Val’s day experience with us or do you want to give a shout out to someone special? Or even propose …whatever! As far as its romantic, just send me the details and the gist. I help thee blog it. What are friends for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...