Saturday 14 September 2013

I have started watching Lekki Wives ooooo and I am HOOKED!



Oh my God!! I finally got to buy and watch Lekki Wives...Oh my...never judge a book by its cover...in this case by its preview.

Nooo the preview does not do justice to this series at all...it is FANTASTIC!!!

Even PDoc. that was yabbing me when I was buying it later asked me why DSTV isn't showing it. It is better than many things we watch on the 4 Africa Magic stations put together.
 
Someone pinged me to watch it ..she said there was an actress in it (the lady with dreads) that looks like me and reminds her of me...then another day a friend of mine put up as her status .."Lekki Wives!! I never baff since morning ooooo" (or something like that), then I went with PDoc. to buy movies (He doesn't lie, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't chase women but I must say his "vice" apart from buying books is buying movies...its an OK Vice until you are moving house and you discover you have to move about 500 movies. Its better than moving 500 children from other women sha so I will carry my cross like that abeg)  
 
Back to Lekki Wives...at the video stall. I noticed 2 guys talking about it again "mehnnn this Lekki wives them say e sweet"... I quickly rushed it.

Fast forward to my house... hours later.... Lekki wives is sweet, fresh, funny and on point. The cast (especially the lead actresses) are just superb. They can only get better like fine wine. I daresay they are far far far far better than a lot of actresses we celebrate today. (Just like my compering is far better than some people y'all celebrate today but that's story for another day).

Blessing Effiom Egbe..writer and producer..Lekki Wives
Babes you try! Well done

Kudos to whoever did the casting, then the scripting (you could tell there was a script!...which is a good thing in a Nigerian production), then directing, production... EVERYTHING!!!

Of course I cant forget my girl AMAIKAH whose songs were used as official soundtrack. Well done girl. the songs fit like a glove.

..Noo I doff my hat, pull my weave and shave my hair for the writer and producer of Lekki Wives; Nollywood Actress and producer of "Two brides and a baby" ; Blessing Effiom Egbe. Babes you are too much...Well done. This is new, this is fresh, this is good, this is commendable. I have one friend sef who doesn't ever see anything good in Nigerian entertainment but even she confesses that Lekki Wives is good. Blessing please when is season 3 coming out?
 
I haven't finished watching oh but so far my best part was when Uju asked Lovette what she did for a living to afford the kind of lifestyle she had and she responded..."I live in Lekki and I pray!" Then Amaikah's song entered..."Storryyyyyyy!!!" ROTFL ..I can't get that part out of my head. I also like the Chief's wife,  the 'Spiro' sister's husband (who reminds me of R-Kelly somehow) and  in fact everything and everyone generally.
 
Blessing you tried biko, well done, don't be discouraged, forge ahead.
 
No drop standard for all the tea in China. FLY!!!

6 comments:

  1. I don't spend time reading blogs but I give you hand chigo!,tell PDoc I want to be like him wen I grow up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nwanne, How can those of us who live "in the abroad" watch it now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched it with hubby too. Heard they are auditioning for season 2. So watch out! By the way, we've got 5 Africa magic TV channels(English)...1 Africa magic Hausa and 1 Africa magic Yoruba...thank me later :-)

    You can also watch it online at dobox.tv for free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Linda...is this later enough? hehehe
    @ Anonymous19:14 try the dobox.tv or lekki wives website and tell us how far.

    Anonymous 14th Sept...i hear you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. monkey see, monkey do...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I throw-way my hat 4 dis series, dis 1 pass 2 doff am, i rearly watch Africa series except etv Scandal, bt just d 1st episode of lekki wives wld make u want more, nice work Blessing, nw i can com4tably say i've watched a 9ja series & also recommend it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...