Tuesday 27 January 2015

CHIGO COMPERE Met Denrele Edun- My Experience!


So when I heard I would be compering #SMAA with Denrele, I tweeted my first thoughts and the first thing I noticed was he tweeted back at me. Not down on me or in a territorial 'ish' way, just "AT me". Trust me I know what I am saying and I have had some experiences.  Please continue to read more.


When we finally met, he was open, welcoming, empowering, kind and enabling with his words, mannerisms and gestures. That is not easy to do when you know you are going to share  the stage with a personality completely unknown to you. Trust me, I know what I am saying.
 
The first thing that struck me was his good looks up close. Denrele is a beautiful boy! With rich, long, healthy dark hair (that millions of women are praying for) and fresh, well groomed skin. They seem like the combined product of excellent genes, the mixed race thingy and loads of self care and maintenance. The kind that comes from drinking loads of water and making healthy choices.
 
 Denrele is a ball of energy and LIFE. In fact its in overflow mode! He has an outrageous idea and he just acts on it. Its 'Nike just do it' in overdrive..LOL... And I totally get him because if not for circumstances of life, I could have been just like that, 'without a STOP button'!...(as he described the situation on his instagram profile)
 
Let's take for instance the hair scenario; I have always had a full head of hair and back in the university when I started 'finding' myself, I actually enjoyed letting the hair breathe and leaving it to fly loose and free. Until I met a guy who made me brush my hair all the time. In fact even when he was far away from me in a hall, he would send someone to me with a comb or brush to either tell me to arrange my hair myself or she should arrange it for me. I'm talking about even when it was in a ponytail with strands running loose. LOL! That was just one of the numerous kind of experiences which started shaping me and defining my STOP buttons.
 
Years later, meeting Denrele, I see clearly how I could have become if I did not allow those experiences clip my wings. DAMN! I could have been a wealthy VJ on Channel O! *sigh*
Denrele is a lover, a hugger, warm, friendly, far from stuck up- (as in the distance between Africa and Australia). He treats everyone with respect, dignity and love. Especially his own team! Trust me I know what I mean. I fell in love with that boy. Do you know his hair doesn't smell? Whether  good or bad? Its just fresh and alive! That says a lot for me. He considers us. LoL. Some divas' weaves ehn......let's not just go there! Honestly to be that famous and still engage people the way he does, is a case study on selflessness and humility. 
 
Anyways the only thing I didn't like about my encounter with him was when he cracked wicked jokes about himself, like when he threatened people to cooperate with him on stage or else their kids will be like him. I am guessing its either an act, a well rehearsed routine, or even a way of telling those who misunderstand him that he doesn't care....however, though I know the thought might be scary to a parent at first, but dearest Denrele, I'm sure your parents don't feel that way. I could see through you that having a child like you would be a treasure because you are a gift indeed. Its just that you have decided to package yourself and  move around along with your shiny, loud wrapping  paper, loads of sticky tape and the ribbons still on. Nevertheless, it doesn't make the content of your box (YOU)  less of a gift.
 
 I am glad we did this, glad we met, glad Emilia hooked us up. Thank you for a wonderful evening. I HAD GIGANTOUS FUN! Let's do it again and again and again if we can. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...